To many kids?

Asalaamalikum,

Having "too many" kids is relative to each married couple. It all depends on how responsible and wealthy you are. The more kids the better. In fact it is encouraged in Islam to have kids. Inshallah I want have my own army of kids!

Children are the delight of our hearts in their childhood, our companions and comfort in our old age, and the only source of du`aa' in our graves; all in all, they are the means by which we earn the fruits of this life and the reward of the hereafter.

Muslims have responsibilities towards their children, and they stand accountable for these responsibilities so that they can truly enjoy and appreciate the blessings of having children and get rewarded by the Giver.The adult of today was the child of yesterday, and the child of today is the adult of tomorrow. In order for children to fulfill their responsibilities towards their parents, they must first get their rights from them.

Muslim parents should teach their children all about Islam and show them how to worship Allah, with no compulsion or force.They should also guide them to the stairways to Paradise, and protect them from falling into Hellfire. It is the responsibility of parents to provide their children with the environment and tools to learn all about Islam.Upon their birth, children have all of their rights automatically in effect: feeding, clothing, health care, even the celebration of birth (`aqeeqah), Allah says in the Qur'an what means:

[Mothers should feed their children for two whole years (that is) for those who wish to complete the suckling term, the cost of their food and clothing on equitable terms is upon the father of the child.] (Al-Baqarah 2:233)

Also, the Prophet (saw) advised us to give each child a name with a good meaning. Motherhood and fatherhood are instincts that Allah has blessed us with, and the love for our children is built into our hearts even before they are born. Prophet Muhammad (saw) instructed us to show our love to our children:

He is not one of us who does not have mercy for children and respect for our seniors. (At-Tirmidhi) It is reported that Al-Aqra' ibn Habis saw Allah's Messenger kissing his grandchild and said to the Prophet, "I have ten children, but I have never kissed any one of them." The Prophet said, "He who does not show mercy (towards his children), no mercy would be shown to him" (Al-Bukhari).

Also, a Bedouin man asked the Prophet, "Do you kiss your sons?" The Prophet replied, "Yes." The Bedouin said, "We do not." The Prophet said to him, "What can I do for you if Allah has removed mercy from your heart?" (Al-Bukhari).

Zooey

Yes, but not many people in this world can afford, educate and emotionally take care a 17 kids. With that many kids (unless you were Donald trump) both parents would have to work 24 hours a day or live in wellfair to meet basic needs. If it was not for the "spot light" I dont think these people would have so many.

Globalpeace

Banned
52 kids!

Asalaamalikum,

Having "too many" kids is relative to each married couple. It all depends on how responsible and wealthy you are. The more kids the better. In fact it is encouraged in Islam to have kids. Inshallah I want have my own army of kids!

Children are the delight of our hearts in their childhood, our companions and comfort in our old age, and the only source of du`aa' in our graves; all in all, they are the means by which we earn the fruits of this life and the reward of the hereafter.

Muslims have responsibilities towards their children, and they stand accountable for these responsibilities so that they can truly enjoy and appreciate the blessings of having children and get rewarded by the Giver.The adult of today was the child of yesterday, and the child of today is the adult of tomorrow. In order for children to fulfill their responsibilities towards their parents, they must first get their rights from them.

Muslim parents should teach their children all about Islam and show them how to worship Allah, with no compulsion or force.They should also guide them to the stairways to Paradise, and protect them from falling into Hellfire. It is the responsibility of parents to provide their children with the environment and tools to learn all about Islam.Upon their birth, children have all of their rights automatically in effect: feeding, clothing, health care, even the celebration of birth (`aqeeqah), Allah says in the Qur'an what means:

[Mothers should feed their children for two whole years (that is) for those who wish to complete the suckling term, the cost of their food and clothing on equitable terms is upon the father of the child.] (Al-Baqarah 2:233)

Also, the Prophet (saw) advised us to give each child a name with a good meaning. Motherhood and fatherhood are instincts that Allah has blessed us with, and the love for our children is built into our hearts even before they are born. Prophet Muhammad (saw) instructed us to show our love to our children:

He is not one of us who does not have mercy for children and respect for our seniors. (At-Tirmidhi) It is reported that Al-Aqra' ibn Habis saw Allah's Messenger kissing his grandchild and said to the Prophet, "I have ten children, but I have never kissed any one of them." The Prophet said, "He who does not show mercy (towards his children), no mercy would be shown to him" (Al-Bukhari).

Also, a Bedouin man asked the Prophet, "Do you kiss your sons?" The Prophet replied, "Yes." The Bedouin said, "We do not." The Prophet said to him, "What can I do for you if Allah has removed mercy from your heart?" (Al-Bukhari).

Asslamo Allaikum,

I think I have put this on TTI b4 but here it is again...

My friend in Saudia; his uncle is 53 & has 52 kids....4 wives revolving (i.e. not more then 4 at once)....

By Allah! It is the truth....

He told me that his uncle doesn't know the names of all of them

Asslamo Allaikum,

My friend in Saudia; his uncle is 53 & has 52 kids....4 wives revolving (i.e. not more then 4 at once)....

Asalaamalikum,

52 kids!!! No way! Mashallah lol. Mathematically, that's about 13 kids per wife!

All things are possible through Allah swt.

Zooey

Asslamo Allaikum,

I think that is sad!

4 wives revolving? That is nothing to be proud of.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The most precious gifts that Allah has given us:
The Holy Prophet (swas)
The Holy Quran
and children.

If I had known what children do for a person I would have started having children at age 18. Children teach us. I know the meaning of sacrifice,joy, patience, and unconditional love. They love us. Their love is pure.

Please do not get into the non-Islamic view that the world is overpopulated and there is not enough. Did Allah subhana talla not tell the Prophet Ibrihim that his progeny would outnumber the stars in the heaven. Did Allah subhana talla not tell us the Earth is spacious. Are we not told that amongst the wealth of a man are his sons. Did the Holy Prophet (swas) not love Fatmia(ra)
to show men how to love their daughters.

No, children are joy. The Holy Prophet (swas) loved his grandsons, calling them his sweet basil. Allah( subhana talla) blesses us with children. All, I know is without my sons I would be a very empty human being. They give me the impetus to do.

MubarekMuslimah

assalaamu alaikum

As someone with no children and the possibility that we may not be able to have them - I think children are indeed the best of blessings insha'allah. If Allah swt has seen fit to bless someone with 17 or 52 kids then masha'alllah what a gift but also what a test....

A child is a trust to you from Allah swt to love and look after them and nurture them and raise them to worship and know Him. I think people should have as many children as they can - Allah swt always provides and things like finance are not reasons to not have children = however I do believe that having a child IS a trust - and that each child should be looked after and know both parents and be supported in the family unit - not unknown by their parents or neglected in some way. If a couple finds they are unable to provide emotionally or spiritually ( islamically) for more children in an adequate way then they should try not to have more childen but concentrate on the ones they have to raise them as good muslims insha'allah - but of course we know that if Allah swt wants someone to have a child nothing can stop Him either and He knows best

Salaams

I think that is sad!

4 wives revolving? That is nothing to be proud of.

Asalaamalikum,

I know many Americans who consider having children as an "expense" rather than an asset or something valuable from God. They are more concerned about the cost of raising a child than fulfilling God's covenant. Now that is sad.

Yes, but not many people in this world can afford, educate and emotionally take care a 17 kids. With that many kids (unless you were Donald trump) both parents would have to work 24 hours a day or live in wellfair to meet basic needs. If it was not for the "spot light" I dont think these people would have so many.

If this is your main concern then it shows your lack of trust in Allaah....

Are you saying family planning is more essential?

•Giving birth is the right of both husband and wife, and neither one of them has the right to deprive the other from doing so.
•It is prohibited to take any measure which would permanently prevent pregnancy, or cause infertility. It is permissible, however, to use temporary birth control methods to delay pregnancy, as in the case of delaying pregnancy for the two years of breast feeding the first child.
•It is prohibited to use any birth control method which would harm the body, as the Prophet [saw] said: "Do not (impose) harm, nor (inflect) harm". He also said: "And your body has a right upon you".

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Forgive me Zooey, I did not realize you are not Muslim. In Islam there is a different perspective on children. There is a different perspective on life. The Quran has words for us to understand such as expansive and spacious. The core of Islam lets us know that only Allah subana talla has the Wisdom to know the number of everything in the heavens and the earth and everything inbetween.
and the best schooling a child ever gets is at home. do not be decieved by the one child is the best philsophy. this leads to greedy and selfish people.
I pray I make sense.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
well me personally I would like to have 10 children and iF i AM BLess with more I just say aLhamduillah

just imagine if all 17 chidren continually to make dua for thiir parents after they died.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
children are beautiful

:salam2:
:ma: how beautiful children are. I just love them. For Allah to bless me to see their beautiful faces everyday is a joy. Whether its 17 or 52, be grateful and thankful, for there are couples who cannot have any. The children dont ask to come into this world, they are here because it was written for them to be here, and its for a reason. I would love to have as many children that Allah allows me to have with the right person inshallah. Allah knows best.

Salaam,

Forgive me Zooey, I did not realize you are not Muslim. In Islam there is a different perspective on children. There is a different perspective on life. The Quran has words for us to understand such as expansive and spacious. The core of Islam lets us know that only Allah subana talla has the Wisdom to know the number of everything in the heavens and the earth and everything inbetween.
and the best schooling a child ever gets is at home. do not be decieved by the one child is the best philsophy. this leads to greedy and selfish people.
I pray I make sense.

Asalaamalikum,

I actually asked Zooey yesterday if she took her shahada because I noticed her profile said "undecided" yet said "salaam" on some of the threads - she told me yeah, so I think she is.

Lost Lilly-

Did you take your shahada (declaration of faith) too, just curious? If you did alhamdulillah.

aeeshafarhana

post natal bleeding

Assalamua laykum!!!:salah:

just new here...i just want to ask something...i just gave birth to our 1st baby last june 21 Alhamdullilah...im a new reverted muslim same us my husband...so here is my question...when can i start praying???after my post natal bleeding stop or i have to complete the 45 days post natal bleeding before i can pray again???please help me..my post natal bleeding already stop...may Allah understand me and forgive me for the miss obligatory prayer... masallam

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
Assalamua laykum!!!:salah:

just new here...i just want to ask something...i just gave birth to our 1st baby last june 21 Alhamdullilah...im a new reverted muslim same us my husband...so here is my question...when can i start praying???after my post natal bleeding stop or i have to complete the 45 days post natal bleeding before i can pray again???please help me..my post natal bleeding already stop...may Allah understand me and forgive me for the miss obligatory prayer... masallam

First AllahuAkbar, may Allah make it easy for you and your husband to Allah's Deen. O' Allah bless this child and make this baby salih.:tti_sister:

InshaAllah I hope I will answer to your qoustion and Also someone else who knows more than I do will give you more answer to your qoustion InshaAllah.
the post natal bleeding goes for about 40 days for some women it stops before that, maybe 10 or 20 anyhow, whenever the post natal bleeding stops you take the dahara and start praying Allah knows best.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Asslamo Allaikum,

WaAlaikumussalaam,

Having these many children that you dont remember their names?
If you dont even remember their name then what the heck will you do their education and nurturing, and how will you pay attention to each one who deserves love of a father?
Would a father call, "O my son, I dont remember your name but I am your father"??

Or even better, "Are you my son? Sorry I dont remember correctly"

henhenhen , you are funny.

Wassalaam

Durriyyah

Forever Student
:salam2:

If they are able to give ample time to each child and they have the resources to support them, then masha'Allah. One day I am hoping to have many kids, insha'Allah. I don't know if emotionally I could handle 17 myself, that mother is incredibly strong. :hearts: