What's the point to asking Allah for things?

kayleigh

Why do people pray?

I don't mean why do people preform salat, or why people praise or worship Allah, or thank him for things - those things should be done and I understand why.

I'm talking about asking Allah for things. If Allah already has a plan for us all, and things are predestined to happen, then does asking Allah for things really do anything? Because things will happen how they were destined to happen anyway, right? It's not as if you can change Allah's mind, or can you?

And if you can, then doesn't that mean there really is no predestination or fate? That nothing is really decided? Because I was always taught that in Islam, there's predestination and fate decided by Allah, which is unchangeable.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Yeah Allah makes everything happen for you. Like when you asked this question, Allah decided that you would post this. :D

justoneofmillion

Yeah Allah makes everything happen for you. Like when you asked this question, Allah decided that you would post this. :D
non non no dear brother i think Allah swt made sure she had enough time and gave her the chance and the mental capacity to be able to ask the question but then he also has the ability to lead us to a time where we won`t be able to ask questions anymore but answer them. and there is where time will will stop being time and humans will so desperatly ask for the time..which time anyways the one they earned the one they deserved or the one they have lost?the one they have spent or the one they have never spent.tic tic tic....... :D

wassalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Little sister, we pray to acknowledge our total dependence of Allah. We are His slaves. He has given us life. We pray as this is our duty as His creation. We took on the responsibility of being His representatives. Incumbent in our duties is to pray.
Prayer is our lifeline. I am speaking from the heart. He holds our hearts between His fingers. We pray to Him to cleanse our hearts from ignorance, greed, and that which He forbids us to partake.