I need clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

user expired!

asalamualaykum,

Im not a sheikh but these are common misconceptions about Islam!!

iv heard them before and they are nothing new!!

ill be back in two min to giv u a link to answer most if not all of them!!

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
well, the way that the blogger put his article together was put out of context. if i am not mistaken, out of all the quotes that he took from the quran; he did not quote the verses before it or the ones after it. i believe that you can defame any religion if you take that religion's text out of context. have you yourself read the quran? i'm not asking you this in a mean way. i'm saying this because anyone can say this or that is in the quran or the torah etc.

understanding the quran in it's proper context is key. because the quran was a revelation that lasted 23 years. it isn't like other texts that were written decades or centuries after the events written about. there are things in it that were specifically for the people or situation at that time. Arabia was in constant warfare, the prophet's :saw: life was under constant threat. the quran was preserved at it's very beginning.

i suggest that you read the quran for yourself, and you'll come up with the answer. in the torah there are many stories when God told the israelites to slay the infidels. but again, that was for their unique situation.

there are many lectures by various muslim scholars on this topic, such as Dr. Zakir Naik, Ahmed Deedat (ra ), Sheikh Siraj Wahaj and Sheikh Khalid Yasin et. al. look them up on google or islamictube.net .

also look at the blogger's name Masada 2000 hmmmm.... very interesting if you know anything about Masada. also his whole blog is apparently about his hatred of muslims. he's actually taking part of what he's accusing us of.

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
:salam2:

Hello Waterdrop, would you believe it if somebody said to you that the Quran discourages worship and he provided the following citation???

Ah, woe unto worshippers (107:4)

It is a complete verse from the Quran, nobody can deny that!!! But no scholar ever argued that the Quran abhores prayer! Simply because the next verse specifies which worshipers are the rebuked ones:
Who are heedless of their prayer; (107:5)

If somebody stopped at citing the first verse only, it would seem odd. This is called in linguistics "decontextualization", that is quoting a peice of text out of its context.

Example, many websites quote the verse:

And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (2:191)

Unfortunately islamophoibic sites even replace the pronoun them with "infidels" and "christians and jews." This is decontextualization joined with deliberate tampering. They don't quote the verse immediately beofre it which says:

Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors. (2:190)

As you can see,
them is a pronoun that refers to those who fight against you in the preceding verse.

Plus, context in any text is not only to be found in the text itself. Sometimes the context is outside the text. Reading a certain text with a certain extratextual background in the mind is nowadays known as "new-historicist" reading. However, it was known 1400 years ago in the Muslim world as "Sabab al-Nozul", which means "Reason of Revelation" of the verse. For example, while Sura number 9, al-Tawba, encourages Muslims to fight the Meccan infidels, it was well known at the time of the prophet how those Meccan's broke 10-year long peace truce they had with Muslims and raided and slayed many Muslims. This "Reason of Revelation" is existent in all the books of explanation of the Quran.

In other words, no body can just simply come and pick up whatever he wishes from the Quran or Sunna and say "Hey, see what those Muzlemz believe." Even common Muslims don't have the authority to explaine and Quote the Quran if they don't have knowledge of what they talk about.

Thank You.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

Hello Waterdrop, would you believe it if somebody said to you that the Quran discourages worship and he provided the following citation???

Ah, woe unto worshippers (107:4)

It is a complete verse from the Quran, nobody can deny that!!! But no scholar ever argued that the Quran abhores prayer! Simply because the next verse specifies which worshipers are the rebuked ones:
Who are heedless of their prayer; (107:5)

If somebody stopped at citing the first verse only, it would seem odd. This is called in linguistics "decontextualization", that is quoting a peice of text out of its context.

Example, many websites quote the verse:

And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (2:191)

Unfortunately islamophoibic sites even replace the pronoun them with "infidels" and "christians and jews." This is decontextualization joined with deliberate tampering. They don't quote the verse immediately beofre it which says:

Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors. (2:190)

As you can see,
them is a pronoun that refers to those who fight against you in the preceding verse.

Plus, context in any text is not only to be found in the text itself. Sometimes the context is outside the text. Reading a certain text with a certain extratextual background in the mind is nowadays known as "new-historicist" reading. However, it was known 1400 years ago in the Muslim world as "Sabab al-Nozul", which means "Reason of Revelation" of the verse. For example, while Sura number 9, al-Tawba, encourages Muslims to fight the Meccan infidels, it was well known at the time of the prophet how those Meccan's broke 10-year long peace truce they had with Muslims and raided and slayed many Muslims. This "Reason of Revelation" is existent in all the books of explanation of the Quran.

In other words, no body can just simply come and pick up whatever he wishes from the Quran or Sunna and say "Hey, see what those Muzlemz believe." Even common Muslims don't have the authority to explaine and Quote the Quran if they don't have knowledge of what they talk about.

Thank You.

well said

that's what i was trying to explain. people like that blogger on that website are very dangerous with their misguided quotes.

bdot

"If a Muslim does not go to war, Allah will kill him" Not true. If you don not fight in the cause of Allah (swt), you simply miss the blessings therein and are at risk of falling in to hypocrisy in that you give not might and mane for Allah's cause. Allah will not just kill you, or else most of the ummah (including women and children who cannot fight) would be dead.

"Muslims must make war on the infidels (unbelievers) who live around them " Not true. The Jews of Madina were given house and security in Madina under just terms with Muslims until they broken their convenant.

He lies once, shame on him, he lies twice . . . Allah (swt) knows best to deal with those who practice falsehood.

He says,

"A Muslim can kill any person he wishes if it be a "just cause" (Sura 6:152).

In actuality,

"And approach not the wealth of the orphan save with that which is better, till he reach maturity. Give full measure and full weight, in justice. We task not any soul beyond its scope. And if ye give your word, do justice thereunto, even though it be (against) a kinsman; and fulfil the covenant of Allah. This He commandeth you that haply ye may remember." (Sura 6:152)

He says,

"Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush." (Koran 9:5)

The full truth,

"And a proclamation from Allah and His messenger to all men on the day of the Greater Pilgrimage that Allah is free from obligation to the idolaters, and (so is) His messenger. So, if ye repent, it will be better for you; but if ye are averse, then know that ye cannot escape Allah. Give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom to those who disbelieve, (3) Excepting those of the idolaters with whom ye (Muslims) have a treaty, and who have since abated nothing of your right nor have supported anyone against you. (As for these), fulfil their treaty to them till their term. Lo! Allah loveth those who keep their duty (unto Him). (4) Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (5) And if anyone of the idolaters seeketh thy protection (O Muhammad), then protect him so that he may hear the Word of Allah, and afterward convey him to his place of safety. That is because they are a folk who know not." (6) [Surah 9:3-6]

He says,

"Take him and fetter him and expose him to hell fire." (Koran 69:30-37)

In truth (something that is beleived in christianity, judaism, and islam),

"But as for him who is given his record in his left hand, he will say: Oh, would that I had not been given my book (25) And knew not what my reckoning is! (26) Oh, would that it had been death! (27) My wealth hath not availed me, (28) My power hath gone from me. (29) (It will be said): Take him and fetter him (30) And then expose him to hell-fire" (31) [Surah 69]

He says,

"Muslims are to be "ruthless to unbelievers" (Sura 48:29)".

In actuality,

"Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves. Thou (O Muhammad) seest them bowing and falling prostrate (in worship), seeking bounty from Allah and (His) acceptance. The mark of them is on their foreheads from the traces of prostration. Such is their likeness in the Torah and their likeness in the Gospel - like as sown corn that sendeth forth its shoot and strengtheneth it and riseth firm upon its stalk, delighting the sowers - that He may enrage the disbelievers with (the sight of) them. Allah hath promised, unto such of them as believe and do good works, forgiveness and immense reward. (29)" [Surah 48]

Do not believe everything they put here. They take chunks of the Quran (some not even real portions of the book) and try and justify their hate. Everything else I didn't mention here is simply this person's opinions and problems with Islam (what is wrong with jannah? I can not see this person's problem with it).

dna1987

Muslim Guy
The same site wants to murder 1 billion muslims with nuclear bombs:
One ‘terrible price’ currently under debate is an nuclear attack on Mecca should any 9/11 scale attack (or larger) occur on US soil. I am in favor of such planning in the event of a catastrophic strike against America, because I believe the burden of loss needs to be shifted decidedly to fundamental Muslims themselves (and what they value most) if there is to be any hope of ending all this madness. To yield to Islamists demands and take the option off the table would be strategically stupid. Unfortunately, the only thing insanity respects is greater insanity.

But as has been pointed out by Robert Spencer, Nuking Mecca could be seen by Islamists as a weak action and could serve to unify Muslims and increase Jihad. But this is only true if not done properly and the city is left salvageable within a few years. Once devoted Muslims carry out their next major strike on America, the Mecca plan should be carried out without hesitation or warning. No Hiroshima class atomic wimp-weapon will do, only the 1,000 times more powerful hydrogen fusion device will work for this important job. To be done correctly, a grid of 9 of our most powerful Hydrogen bombs (3x3, every 12 miles, the black stone at the center) are set off at the surface to be as dirty as possible, rendering the entire region uninhabitable for the next few decades. The strike is then repeated every 5 years or so if any kind of clean-up is attempted. Medina needs one too, to prevent Arabs from declaring the transference of the holy site to the secondary location, but Mecca needs to be thoroughly ‘glassified’.

Muslims will thereby learn by force-feeding that their hateful God (Allah) cannot protect them and is a figment of their collective imagination, and millions will leave the failed cult. Nothing harms an Arab more than humiliation and defeat. They sincerely believe that their most-powerful Allah has promised to protect and preserve Mecca, and so their false faith in the Pagan deity will crumble with the meteorite in the intense heat and pressure of a fusion fireball. Can a billion Moslems worldwide face radioactive glass 5 times a day and still take it seriously, I don’t think so, or at least not over the long term. Cut off the head and the snake will still squirm wildly for a while, but it will soon stop. In addition, by preventing Muslims from -ever- performing one of the pillars (requirements) of Islam, we block their way to paradise, but thereby actually save them from real hell (Islam is hell-on-earth is this life, and brings only sorrow and torment in the next). When the time comes, by all means, Nuke Mecca, …but do it right. By this act, and this act alone, many intelligent Arabs, Persians, Egyptians, and Asians will stop their foolish ideas of superiority, and so curb their sanctimonious rationales to commit hateful acts of murder, rape, slavery, and violence. Domestic Muslims will need to be controlled for a while, with heavy doses of education and trauma therapy applied. If they can commit to opposing Muhammad and his methods, then in a generation or two Islamic nonsense will not be worshiped by their children. If they can make no such binding commitment, then deportation is in order. As Hiroshima saved more lives than it took 60 years ago, so will thoroughly nuking Islamic sites save more lives than will be taken otherwise, including possibly yours, mine, and your children and my children.
I don't think you should take these idiots seriously.

As for the rest of their misquotes, I suggest you go to:
www.quranexplorer.com/quran

And the read the PROPER and ENTIRE Quran yourself (with authentic English translations).

Salam alaikum.

Bluegazer

Hello Waterdrop,

That site you quoted from is just one of the many outlets on the internet that is out there against Islam and Muslims.

Here are some points for you to consider:

1- Read the translation of the meaning of verse 8 of Surat al-Mumtahina [chapter 60] of the Qur'an, which was taken from the website of the King Fahd Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur'an:

Allâh does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allâh loves those who deal with equity.

Source: http://qurancomplex.org/Quran/Targama/Targama.asp?nSora=60&l=eng&nAya=7#60_7

The above verse shows you how Muslims are to treat non Muslims who do not fight us or drive us out of our homes.

Also, please consider the following translation of the meanings of verses 5-12 of Surat al-Insaan [chapter 76] of the Qur'an, also taken from the website of the King Fahd Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur'an:

Verily,, the Abrâr (the pious believers of Islamic Monotheism), shall drink of a cup (of wine) mixed with (water from a spring in Paradise called) Kâfûr A spring wherefrom the slaves of Allâh will drink, causing it to gush forth abundantly. They (are those who) fulfil (their) vows, and they fear a Day whose evil will be wide-spreading. And they give food, inspite of their love for it (or for the love of Him), to the Miskîn[1] (the poor), the orphan, and the captive (Saying): "We feed you seeking Allâh’s Countenance only. We wish for no reward, nor thanks from you. "Verily, We fear from our Lord a Day, hard and distressful, that will make the faces look horrible (from extreme dislike to it)." So Allâh saved them from the evil of that Day, and gave them Nadrah (a light of beauty) and joy. And their recompense shall be Paradise, and silken garments, because they were patient.

Source:
http://qurancomplex.org/Quran/Targama/Targama.asp?L=eng&Page=578
http://qurancomplex.org/Quran/Targama/Targama.asp?L=eng&Page=579

Notice the phrase I coloured in red, and the word I emphasized. Allah showed us that one of the acts that pleases Him and could be done to earn His reward is feeding the captives.

And who are these captives?

They are the non Muslims who're held as prisoners of war after fighting Muslims on the battlefield!

The following is an explanation [in Arabic] of this phrase, taken from an explanation known as at-Tafsir al-Muyassar [The Simplified Explanation], found on the website of the King Fahd Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur'an:

ويُطْعِمون الطعام مع حبهم له وحاجتهم إليه, فقيرًا عاجزًا عن الكسب لا يملك من حطام الدنيا شيئًا, وطفلا مات أبوه ولا مال له, وأسيرًا أُسر في الحرب من المشركين وغيرهم, ويقولون في أنفسهم: إنما نحسن إليكم ابتغاء مرضاة الله, وطلب ثوابه, لا نبتغي عوضًا ولا نقصد حمدًا ولا ثناءً منكم

And they give the food -while they love it and need it- to the poor who's unable to earn and does not own anything of the goods of this world, to the child who's father has died and has no money, to the captive [prisoner] who was imprisoned in war from the polytheists and others, and they say in themselves: We are being kind to you for the sake of earning Allah's pleasure and seeking His reward. We don not want from you a reward, thanks or praise.

Source: http://qurancomplex.org/Quran/tafse...=3&SubItemID=5&l=arb&SecOrder=3&SubSecOrder=5

Ibn Kathir, the famous scholar of Islam who died around 700 years ago, wrote the following in explaining the above verses:

(And they give food, inspite of their love for it, to the poor, the orphan and the captive,) Concerning the poor person and the orphan, an explanation of them and their characteristics has already preceded. In reference to the captive, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Al-Hasan and Ad-Dahhak all said, "He is the captive among the people of the Qiblah (i.e., the Muslims).'' Ibn `Abbas said, "At that time (when this Ayah was revealed) their (the Muslims') captives were idolators.'' Proof for this is that on the day of Badr the Messenger of Allah commanded his Companions to treat the captives respectfully. They (the Companions) would give them preference over themselves when eating their meals. `Ikrimah said, "They (captives) are the slaves.'' Ibn Jarir preferred this opinion since the Ayah generally refers to both the Muslim and the idolators. Sa`id bin Jubayr, `Ata', Al-Hasan and Qatadah all made similar statements. The Messenger of Allah advised treating servants well in more than one Hadith.

Source: http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=76&tid=56363

The phrase I underlined is better translated as "the slaves" [from the Arabic الأرقاء ]

Ibn Abbas, who was quoted above, was Abdullah ibn Abbas, one of the Companions of the Prophet [peace be upon him] and his paternal cousin. He was one of the scholars of Islam.

So, it shows you what could be done if verses of the Qur'an are taken out of context.

2- He quoted the following in the website you mentioned:

- Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him.
Sahih Al-Bukhari (9:57)

The exact wording of the hadith [i.e. saying of the Prophet -peace be upon him] is wrong, but the meaning is correct. In the Arabic original, there's no word "Islamic", but that's what is meant from the hadith.

The exact wording of the hadith is as follows:

أتي علي رضي الله عنه بزنادقة فأحرقهم ، فبلغ ذلك ابن عباس فقال : لو كنت أنا لم أحرقهم ، لنهي رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : ( لا تعذبوا بعذاب الله ) . ولقتلتهم ، لقول رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : ( من بدل دينه فاقتلوه ).

Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been I, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"

[Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57, translated by M. Muhsin Khan, and the underlined "I" is a better translation than the original phrase used by M. Muhsin Khan which was "in his place"]

I have written two posts about this topic, and I think it's very important that you read both of them very carefully to understand this subject. You'll be surprised by what you'll read.

Please click on the following two links:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60027&postcount=33
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=58513&postcount=8

3- On that same website you mentioned, you'll find the following under a picture of soldiers raising an American flag:

God Bless the US Marines

So, I'm assuming that the blogger is either a Jew or a Christian.

Please read the following quotations from the Old Testament [from the Roman Catholic New American Bible]:

The LORD said to Moses, "Avenge the Israelites on the Midianites, and then you shall be taken to your people." So Moses told the people, "Select men from your midst and arm them for war, to attack the Midianites and execute the LORD'S vengeance on them. From each of the tribes of Israel you shall send a band of one thousand men to war." From the clans of Israel, therefore, a thousand men of each tribe were levied, so that there were twelve thousand men armed for war. Moses sent them out on the campaign, a thousand from each tribe, with Phinehas, son of Eleazar, the priest for the campaign, who had with him the sacred vessels and the trumpets for sounding the alarm. They waged war against the Midianites, as the LORD had commanded Moses, and killed every male among them. Besides those slain in battle, they killed the five Midianite kings: Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba; and they also executed Balaam, son of Beor, with the sword. But the Israelites kept the women of the Midianites with their little ones as captives, and all their herds and flocks and wealth as spoil, while they set on fire all the towns where they had settled and all their encampments. Then they took all the booty, with the people and beasts they had captured, and brought the captives, together with the spoils and booty, to Moses and the priest Eleazar and to the Israelite community at their camp on the plains of Moab, along the Jericho stretch of the Jordan. When Moses and the priest Eleazar, with all the princes of the community, went outside the camp to meet them, Moses became angry with the officers of the army, the clan and company commanders, who were returning from combat. "So you have spared all the women!" he exclaimed. "Why, they are the very ones who on Balaam's advice prompted the unfaithfulness of the Israelites toward the LORD in the Peor affair, which began the slaughter of the LORD'S community. Slay, therefore, every male child and every woman who has had intercourse with a man.

[Numbers 31:1-17]

And

Samuel said to Saul: "It was I the LORD sent to anoint you king over his people Israel. Now, therefore, listen to the message of the LORD. This is what the LORD of hosts has to say: 'I will punish what Amalek did to Israel when he barred his way as he was coming up from Egypt. Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.'"

[1 Samuel 15:1-3]

Shallum, son of Jabesh, became king in the thirty-ninth year of Uzziah, king of Judah; he reigned one month in Samaria. Menahem, son of Gadi, came up from Tirzah to Samaria, where he attacked and killed Shallum, son of Jabesh, and reigned in his place. The rest of the acts of Shallum, and the fact of his conspiracy, are recorded in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel. At that time, Menahem punished Tappuah, all the inhabitants of the town and of its whole district, because on his way from Tirzah they did not let him in. He punished them even to ripping open all the pregnant women.

[2 Kings 15:13-16]

Notice that the following verse [no. 17 of 2 Kings 15] says nothing about rebuking the atrocity of Menahem [i.e. rebuking him for this particular act of him ripping open all the pregnant women], but just goes on to say:

In the thirty-ninth year of Azariah, king of Judah, Menahem, son of Gadi, began his ten-year reign over Samaria.

Then he cried loud for me to hear: Come, you scourges of the city! With that I saw six men coming from the direction of the upper gate which faces the north, each with a destroying weapon in his hand. In their midst was a man dressed in linen, with a writer's case at his waist. They entered and stood beside the bronze altar. Then he called to the man dressed in linen with the writer's case at his waist, 1 saying to him: Pass through the city (through Jerusalem) and mark an X on the foreheads of those who moan and groan over all the abominations that are practiced within it. To the others I heard him say: Pass through the city after him and strike! Do not look on them with pity nor show any mercy! Old men, youths and maidens, women and children - wipe them out! But do not touch any marked with the X; begin at my sanctuary. So they began with the men (the elders) who were in front of the temple. Defile the temple, he said to them, and fill the courts with the slain; then go out and strike in the city. As they began to strike, I was left alone. I fell prone, crying out, Alas, Lord GOD! Will you destroy all that is left of Israel when you pour out your fury on Jerusalem?" He answered me: The sins of the house of Israel are great beyond measure; the land is filled with bloodshed, the city with lawlessness. They think that the LORD has forsaken the land, that he does not see them. I, however, will not look upon them with pity, nor show any mercy. I will bring down their conduct upon their heads. Then I saw the man dressed in linen with the writing case at his waist make his report: "I have done as you ordered." Spirit lifted me up and brought me back to the exiles in Chaldea (in a vision, by God's spirit). Then the vision I had seen left me, and I told the exiles everything the LORD had shown me.
[1] 1 [4] Ezekiel is pre-eminently the prophet of personal retribution; the innocent inhabitants of Jerusalem are to be spared when the idolatrous are punished. An X: literally, the Hebrew letter taw, which had the form of a cross.

[Ezekiel 9]

Source: http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PRH.HTM

Notice that footnote 1 said that "the innocent inhabitants of Jerusalem are to be spared when the idolatrous are punished". However, in the above verses you see that children were also to be killed! Now, how can a child be held responsible?!

Samaria shall expiate her guilt, for she has rebelled against her God. They shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed to pieces, their expectant mothers shall be ripped open. Return, O Israel, to the LORD, your God; you have collapsed through your guilt.

[Hosea 14:1-2]

In the King James Version and the New International Version, the above phrase coloured in red is cited as Hosea 13:16.

You know what these people who set up these sites remind me of?

The following is what Christians believe Jesus Christ [peace be upon him] has said, also taken from the Roman Catholic New American Bible:

For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you. Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye? You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye.

[Matthew 7:2-5]

These people have the audacity to accuse the Qur'an when it is the Old Testament [a.k.a. the Hebrew Bible] which contains all these atrocities.

Thank you, Waterdrop, for allowing us Muslims to defend ourselves.

I will repeat the excellent advice given by brother dna1987. Please take it upon yourself to read the whole translation of the meanings of the Qur'an. Use a good an honest translation. I can think of three. Please buy any one of them, or better yet all three of them:

1- Noble Qur'an, the-English Translation of the Meanings and Commentary

The meanings were translated by Dr. Muhammad Taqi-Ud-Din Al-Hilali and Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan. This translation was published by the King Fahd Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur'an [ISBN 996077015X]

http://www.amazon.com/Noble-English...7218800?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180595599&sr=1-1

You can read it online (for free) by clicking on the following link:

http://qurancomplex.org/Quran/Targa...ItemID=1&l=eng&t=eng&SecOrder=4&SubSecOrder=1

2- The Holy Qur-an English Translation of the Meanings and Commentary

This was originally the work of Abdullah Yusuf Ali. The translation was revised by the publisher, the King Fahd Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur'an.

http://www.amazon.com/Holy-English-...7218800?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180595599&sr=1-3

3- The Qur'an (Arabic Text with Corresponding English Meanings)

This translation was published by Abul-Qasim Publishing House and edited by Saheeh International [ISBN 9960792633]

http://www.amazon.com/Quran-Arabic-...7218800?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180596057&sr=1-3

There's also an excellent book on the Islamic Creed called "The Fundamentals of Tawheed [Islamic Monotheism]" by Dr. Bilal Philips. It explains in detail the most important article of faith in Islam; how to worship God Almighty alone and how to avoid directing any acts of worship to other than Him.

Please also check out an excellent book called "Sacred Freedom". Click on the following link to read more about its details and a few reviews of it:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=74045

And there's a simple and concise guide to Islam which you can read on the following website:

http://www.islam-guide.com/

Regards,

Bluegazer

Status
Not open for further replies.