The passion of Easa

proud muslim

Assalamu alaikum,

How did u do that??..:D i tried copying and pasting the embed code but it didnt work, if u cud tell me the secret i wud definitely be grateful :D ..jazak Allah kher bro

Assalamu alaikum

justoneofmillion

assalamu aleikum i had seen the movie before and it´s strange that i could understand even the language arameic is so close to arabic ! i remember hearing the the word" ILLAHI" spoken from isa a.s too! thanks bro for sharing.jazakhallah

wasslam

sindbad

proud muslim

Assalamu alaikum,

yeah i remember hearing the word illahi too in the movie..the strange thing is that they still deny it although it has been proved by their scholars and even their movies!! ..may Allah guide us all to the true path amen

Assalamu alaikum

justoneofmillion

assalamu aleikum, "talaa al badru aleinna min thainiyati al wadaa , wajaba as shukkru aleina......la la la laa la lala" MUHAMMAD(saw):jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap:
allhamdulillah!

wassalam

BGfromGB

Issa.and Ilaha

Assalamu alaikum,

yeah i remember hearing the word illahi too in the movie..the strange thing is that they still deny it although it has been proved by their scholars and even their movies!! ..may Allah guide us all to the true path amen

Assalamu alaikum
Here I am trying my best to discover Islam. This video is about the passion of the Christ. ie The crucifixion and death of the 'son of G-d'. Now what I am lead to believe is that according to the Qur'an the crucifixion DID NOT TAKE PLACE. And if it did not take place and they went ahead produced this movie, then according to Allah's teachings, this is blasphemy. I see that muslims went to see the movie. Why? To go and witness a non event is therefore blasphemous by those who saw the movie.
Now you are quoting events leading up to the crucifixion. Because the crucifixion never happened, this is a non event and that you quote Issa in a non event is also blasphemous.
Apart from that incident which I will verify as to the meaning, where else are there historical records, prior to the founding of Islam where this word 'Ilaha' (whatever it means and I will find out) where this word appears. And I'm referring specifically to the prophets prior to Mohammed and Issa.
We either accept or do not accept the crucifixion. Which is it? And if the Christians believe it , then let them be. They will be judged.

SafiyahAmaaniUK

What is this discussion all about? Allah means "Tne God", so yes it was used before Muhammed (pbuh) as we all know many messengers of Allah(SWT) where send to preach about Allah-The God.

SafiyahAmaaniUK

Allah is simply the Arabic word for God. It is not the "personal name" of God (as is "Jehovah" to a Jehovah's witness. The word Allah changes in a sentences depending upon what position the noun is occupying. So "Ilahi" means "my God", and "l'ilah" means "for God". If you referred to your own God as Allah (just as I almost always simply refer to Allah as God), he will take no offense. As proof of this, I give you 2 things:

1. Arab Christians all over the Middle East refer to God as Allah (I know this since I have many Arab Christian friends).

2. The Aramaic word for God also happens to be Allah, and since Jesus would have spoken Aramaic, he himself would have used the word Allah numerous times.

and Allah knows best, only the mistakes are mine.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here I am trying my best to discover Islam. This video is about the passion of the Christ. ie The crucifixion and death of the 'son of G-d'. Now what I am lead to believe is that according to the Qur'an the crucifixion DID NOT TAKE PLACE. And if it did not take place and they went ahead produced this movie, then according to Allah's teachings, this is blasphemy. I see that muslims went to see the movie. Why? To go and witness a non event is therefore blasphemous by those who saw the movie.
Now you are quoting events leading up to the crucifixion. Because the crucifixion never happened, this is a non event and that you quote Issa in a non event is also blasphemous.
Apart from that incident which I will verify as to the meaning, where else are there historical records, prior to the founding of Islam where this word 'Ilaha' (whatever it means and I will find out) where this word appears. And I'm referring specifically to the prophets prior to Mohammed and Issa.
We either accept or do not accept the crucifixion. Which is it? And if the Christians believe it , then let them be. They will be judged.
Hi BG,

Crucifixion Or Cruci-Fiction

You are right, its a pity that muslims are ignorant of their own religion.
Yet they go ahead and help these people in their propaganda by putting their videos here, which they know its just money they are trying to make. And its certainly against the teachings of Islam.
And the Truth is clear.

Allaah swt says in the Qur'an:
And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain. But Allah took him up unto Himself. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise. ( Surah 4: 157-158)

May Allaah swt guide us to the straight Path.

IbnAlAawam

Allah in the Jewish Bible

Salam BG,

You are right, the movie is blasphemous.Jesus son of Mary (pbut) was not killed but it was made to appear so to the people. Now you can say that many Muslims quotes events leading to the crucifiction, but i do not see a contradiction although I do not beleive today's Gospels to be free from man made alterations.

Regarding Allah:

Allah in the Jewish Bible

By Dennis Giron

"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is One LORD:" (Deuteronomy 6:4)
Clarifying the linguistic connections between the Names Allah and Elohim.

First we see the identical prononciation in Scripture:

The word for God in Genesis 1:1 is elohim, which is essentially a plural form of a more basic root-Hebrew word for God, (eloh).

Furthermore, the Arabic translation of the Jewish Bible uses the name "Allah" to refer to God in Genesis 1:1

" Fee al-badi' khalaqa Allahu as-Samaawaat wa al-Ard . . ."

Genesis 1:1 - in Arabic

In addition to the etymological connection based on sound, we also discover the connections of the two Names based on roots, spelling, meaning, and geography.

If one were to find the word (eloh) (alef-lamed-heh) in an inscription written in paleo-hebrew, aramaic, or some sort of Nabatean script, it could be pronounced numerous ways without the diacritical marks to guide the reader.

When treated as a verb root, this letter combination (proncounced alah) is the root for the verb "to swear" or "to take an oath," as well as the verb "to deify" or "to worship"

[look up alef-lamed-heh (ALH) in Milon Ben-Y'hudaah, Ivri-Angli (Ben Yehuda's Hebrew-English Dictionary)]. The root itself finds its origin with an older root, el, which means God, deity, power, strength..

So, one of the basic Hebrew words for God, (eloh), can easily be pronounced alah without the diacritical marks. Not surprisingly, the Aramaic word for God, according to the Lexicon (pesh ita.org) is (alah).

This word, in the standard script (), or the Estrangela script (), is spelled alap-lamad-heh (ALH), which are the exact corresponding letters to the Hebrew eloh.

The Aramaic is closely related to the more ancient root word for God, eel (according to Robert Oshana's on-line introduction to basic Assyrian Aramaic at www.learnassyrian.com).

The Arabic word for God, Allah, is spelled in a very similar way, and is remotely related to the more generic word for deity, ilah. We're quickly starting to notice the obvious linguistic and etymological connections between the respective words for God in these closely related Semitic languages (e.g. Allah, Alah, and Eloh being related to Ilah, Eel, and El, respectively).

Let me make it more clear....

1. We have made the connection in terms of spelling, as all these words are spelled similar to one another.
2. The geographic connection is there, as these respective languages originate in regions that are very close to one another.
3. The roots are also basically the same.
4. The meanings are essentially the same.

In conclusion, the ancient Semitic names for God (Allah and Elohim) are actually the same.

:salah:

Oem Soufiane

Hello BGfromGB, i responded to some of your posts, but i don't really understand if you are a muslim or are you a christian trying to get understanding of islam:ma:

:shymuslima1: i am a bit shy to ask since i already responded to you earlier while not knowing you or your ideas.